Gut Rehabilitation Programme
If you have been feeling bloated, sick, uncomfortable after eating, or suffer from diarrhoea, constipation, food intolerances, IBS, leaky gut, unexplained stomach cramping, knotting and burning, headaches and/ or fatigue, then this programme may just be right for you.
This is a powerful 12-week programme to support lasting gut repair and improve your health. I would like to guide you through my evidence-based approach to gut healing which includes identifying and overcoming underlying causes of your gut issue and showing you how to eat for a healthy digestive system. This programme will incorporate the 5R protocol: Remove, Replace, Re-inoculate, Repair and Rebalance.
Remove – Eliminate foods that are processed and devoid of nutrients such as gluten-containing grains (wheat, barley, rye, spelt, and kamut), nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers) dairy, soy, and possibly fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, and eggs.
Replace – This step replaces the offending foods that have been removed with nutrient-rich, whole-foods and supplements that provide support to the digestive system such as digestive enzymes, bile salts, and hydrochloric acid.
Re-inoculate – Our gut contains billions of bacteria that help digest food, protect us from foreign invaders, and to help make short chain fatty acids that we need. This step helps re-inoculate our gut with good bacteria which can be found in cultured dairy products like yogurt and kefir, and in fermented foods like kombucha, sauerkraut, and kimchi.
Repair – The aim at this stage is to provide nutrients which will facilitate complete repair of the damaged gut. Foods such as bone broth, grass-fed gelatin, and foods rich in fiber, as well as supplements such as L-Glutamine can help repair the digestive system’s ability to properly breakdown foods and absorb nutrients.
Rebalance- The focus of step 5 is on stress management, quality sleep, adequate exercise, and a positive outlook. This last step is often a continuous practice in mindfulness.
Stage 1: Appointment Booking
If you would like to sign up for gut rehab programme, then call or email us to book your initial case review appointment
Once you book the appointment you will be sent an Initial Diet and Lifestyle questionnaire as well as a 3-day food diary. The questionnaire and the food diary must be returned to us via email for preliminary analysis before the initial consultation.
Stage 3: Initial Case Appointment
All new appointments include;
- Assessment of your medical and health history
- Assessment of your current diet and lifestyle
- Reviewing your current functional medications and supplements
- Setting up SMART goals as agreed by yourself
- A functional body composition assessment including BMI (Body Mass Index) and body fat percentage, Weight, Height and Waist Circumference
- Reviewing any current & relevant blood work
- Providing you with some foundational nutritional advise to follow based on your case review and body systems assessment.
- Ordering of any appropriate and more detailed functional lab tests if required
- A written functional report and a bespoke plan to follow
During the first appointment, Swati will gather all the diet and lifestyle information from you and use it to devise a bespoke plan to help achieve your goals.
Stage 4: First follow-up Appointment
Your first follow-up appointment will take place a week after your initial appointment. At this appointment, Swati will discuss your bespoke plan which includes a detailed diet plan, advise you of any recommended changes to your lifestyle, and supplements to complement your diet plan. She will also provide you with healthy meal ideas and recipes.
Stage 5: Subsequent 3 Follow-up appointments
After your first follow-up, the subsequent follow-up appointments will be scheduled;
- To monitor and track your progress
- To reassess your functional body composition including BMI (Body Mass Index) and body fat percentage, Weight, Height and Waist Circumference
- To adjust your plan in order to maximise the results.
- To provide you continuous learning, support and motivation
- Mindful eating workshop
Finally, Swati will work along with you to get better and faster results.
At the end of this programme, you can sign up for our Maintenance programme
The maintenance phase will include 3 (for 3 months plan) or 5 (for 6 months plan) follow-up appointments involving;
- Setting short and long term personal goals
- Regularly evaluating and setting new short term goals to help you achieve your long-term goals
- Regular coaching and support
- Evaluating your diet and lifestyle plan
- Tracking your ongoing progress and identifying any obstacles
- Adjusting your plan in order to maximise the results
- Continuous learning and motivation
- Practicing Mindful eating
Fees: The cost of the maintenance programme will be £500 for 3 months and £800 for 6 months.